Sunday 27 July 2008

Slow Sunday

A couple of years ago I bought the book 'In Praise of Slow' by Carl Honoré which had a real impact on me. It's all about slowing down in our hectic world and savouring the moment rather than thinking about what you are going to do next. Making time for each other - slow food, slow cities, slow sex.

July 27th celebrates the first Slow Sunday in Britain where we are urged to bake bread and help save the planet, to garden, to walk, to paint, to read ... whatever.

Today we're going for a swim, Gray's made the bread and later I will lay the table in the garden and we'll sit and sloooowly eat a leisurely meal of home grown vegetables and enjoy a cold bottle of rosé. Who knows what will happen then! What are you doing today?

1 comment:

Mixed Media Martyr said...

What am I doing today? Well I am stuck inside on the other side of the world in the middle of the worst storm the North Island of New Zealand has had in 10 years. I am currently changing towels at the back door every hour because the rain is just washing under the door into the kitchen! Rather than slow down I have to keep moving or my body parts will freeze stiff. Hope your slow day was a little piece of paradise!!