Monday 15 September 2008

Island

This would be my perfect island! It would consist of the following: fast flowing river for riverside walks, waterfalls, deciduous woodland for walks and picnics, surfing beaches, nature reserve where I can pick samphire and watch the birds, mushroom fields, blackberry patches, sand dunes and coves, a 5 minute passenger ferry to the mainland, bakers, butchers, fishmongers, grocers, hardware store, stationers, deli, boutique, beaches for stone collecting, rock pools, good food pub, fish restaurant, hills, cliff top walks with My Jack Russell, places to collect cockles and mussels, fishing, pub for pints of magners, stone cottage with outdoor baking oven, separate art studio, veg garden and orchard with cherries, plums, apples and pears, walnut trees, sandy beaches for swimming and lying in the sun, 3 months Spring, 4 months Summer, 3 months Autumn, 2 months Winter, dolphins, whales, butterflies, flowers - I don't want much do I?!
PS Click image for a better view.
© 2008 Nicky Linzey for Illustration Friday

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - love this! Can I sign up for one of those cottages????? Very clever.

Anonymous said...

Yes! I think I'd like to vacation here! Nice job!

Rowena said...

Great island! Now that you have a map, you'll know how to get here, won't you?

Can I come too?

Juan said...

Great work nicky!

Shugar said...

woooow! sure looks great and seems like a whole lot of fun to live on! :) Oh and nice stone collection you got there on your island, hehe!

yoon see said...

I love the colour of green and blue. So well compliment!
Interesting! I would love to visit this Island for holiday.

MIKE said...

Nice. Colour and imagination. I used to draw maps all the time when I was younger, good work. and thanks for ya comment too.

Bella Sinclair said...

Absolutely heaven on earth!!! Oh, I love this! I'm going to take my little island and tug it right next to your island so I can come visit. So much to do there!

aimee said...

i want to visit right away, starting with the stone collecting!

still smiling about your funny moment w/the beetroot - sounds like an awful mess :)

Lisa Rivas said...

Fabulous, fabulous! Wonderful color :)
Wonderful island, love these maps...