Thursday 23 August 2007

Flower power


It was my birthday a couple of days ago and I was given so many beautiful flowers, I get a lot of pleasure from having flowers around the house, however the next day My Jack Russell started scratching and scratching and it wasn't fleas. He's what the vet calls atopic (allergic to everything) but normally one vase of flowers does not affect him - as there were so many they were making him itch like crazy. So it was hard for me to do but I've taken them round to my Mum's this morning, now I've got a calm Jack Russell and she's got a house full of my beautiful flowers.

I remember a couple of years ago walking through Hyde Park on a warm, breezy Spring day. The pollen from the horse chestnut trees was actually visible in the air and everyone was sneezing and coughing, by the time I got back to the car I could hardly breathe. My throat felt like sandpaper, my eyes were streaming - it was like I imagine a chemical attack to be and I'm not normally affected by pollen. It's amazing what nature can do.

No comments: