Friday 18 March 2016

beach clean community

I had a wonderful surprise the other day when I was contacted by 2minutebeachclean to say they were sending me a present. It was a lovely piece of jewellery made by the talented staceypumpkin who donated several necklaces made from driftwood and freshwater pearls. It's hard to put into words what pleasure this has given me - to be picked and to wear the necklace. I enjoy the beach cleaning and consider it to be something we should all do without thinking - the people behind 2minutebeachclean work continuously to put the message across in a lighthearted and fun way - even though the problem of plastic pollution and all the rubbish left on our beaches can be so upsetting. What an amazing community it is.


Pics of rubbish collected on Bognor beach, lost shoes at Bracklesham, me with my necklace, Finn enjoying the sea breeze and some of the weird finds I collect.

No comments: