Monday 24 December 2012

Merry Christmas

                       
Merry Christmas to everyone . . . .

I've neglected my blog recently, no Illustration Friday either - I'm hoping this will change in the New Year but I'd better not make any rash promises. It's been so chaotic lately work wise - does anyone else find that deadlines are non existent now - to be replaced by "needs to be done immediately"? When work is like this I find it virtually impossible to be creative for myself. Here's hoping for a calm, slow, kind, gentle and creative 2013. A bit of sun wouldn't go amiss either!

Luckily we are not at risk of flooding although lots of roads in the area are closed but my heart goes out to the people whose homes have been wrecked by flood water, just a couple of days before Christmas.

Illustration © 2012 nicky linzey
Available from gibsonholt

5 comments:

Cally said...

Have a lovely Christmas Nicky! Sounds like you could do with some restful days :)

Cindy D. said...

I don't think you're alone in being swamped this time of year! And I seem to recall the same thing last year for many regular folks at IF (including my own disappearance from IF for about 5 weeks, but things happen!) I hope you find some spare time for yourself, or make some!

Love this design with the almost retro-colors and wonderful collection of plants and flowers. Merry Christmas!

Julia C said...

Wish I could send you some of the lovely, sunny weather we've been enjoying here in Dallas...due to end this evening, however.

Merry Christmas to you. As always, I am in awe of your work.

Sarah Melling said...

Your first sentence or two sound as if I wrote them...it's so hard to do everything this time of year. Like you, I hope to be blogging more in 2013. And I also share your wish for a calm, slow, kind, gentle and creative year...what's better than that? Happy New Year!

Ellen Byrne said...

Nicky, I LOVE this! It's exciting and jazzy and WONDERFUL colors! It's warmer than the usual holiday colors. Best wishes for 2013!