Tuesday 10 May 2011

Rare


A beautiful walk, a beer with friends and a rare find - what could be better. I came across this plant on a walk last week and had never seen it before - I usually record anything unusual. I rushed home, looked it up and was so excited to see that it should only grow in one secret place in the Cotswolds, I thought I had discovered a second secret place! Unfortunately in my haste I misread it and it's not rare after all - a white helliborine - member of the orchid family.

3 comments:

get zapped said...

It's beautiful regardless! I smiled reading your post. Such an elegant plant reaching upward. Uplifting, which is what I needed, so thanks!

Bella Sinclair said...

Hahaha, that's a cute story. Easy come, easy go. Ah well, its an unusual and beautiful plant! You can still say it grows in a secret place in Cotswold. Perhaps a far-traveling descendant?

Thank you for your message! I'm so glad it arrived safely. Thank YOU for being so wonderful!

Caroline said...

What a lovely flower - don't think I've come across one before either! I know that feeling of excitement too - I once thought I'd discovered a new shell, only to find it was a juvenile version of something more familiar!